Saturday 13 October 2012

Last Blog Before The Big Race - Going against Doctor's Advice

1 DAY TILL THE RACE-

Well no one said it was going to be easy.  Now it's going to be even tougher than that.  Last weekend during an intense game of Softball I took a line drive off my leg.  It was swollen so badly I could barely walk later that night.  I rested it for one day then returned to training.   In retrospect, a couple more days of rest would have been the better decision.  I am currently writing this blog with my left leg elevated in between mini Ice baths to bring down the swelling in my ankle.  My foot is also black and blue and is causing alot of discomfort while trying to walk.  I did the smart thing and got X-Rays done earlier today, the doctor informed me that I have a very deep Tissue Bruise.  His advice, to stay off my feet for the next few days.

I told him about the Race, and he said "It's my professional Advice that you do not take part in this and rest but your probably going to ignore that and race anyway right?"   I told him he was right.  I've trained too hard for the last 30 days doing something I absolute hate and had no real prior training at for a cause I so deeply believe in.   I have all the motivation in the world to go out there tomorrow and attempt to run my race in a time under 25 minutes (even if I have to end up limping my way to the finish Terry Fox Styles)


Thanks to all the support I have received from everyone.  I'm going to go out there tomorrow and make you all proud.  But I will be running with one person in mind, My Father.  Here is the most recent picture of us taken last week.  He really wanted to meet me at the finish line tomorrow but unfortunately due to logistic issues of there being over 20,000 Runners and the cold weather, its not really possible.



FINAL GRADE - Not going to give myself a grade, instead I will use this quote:

"PAIN IS TEMPORARY, GLORY LASTS FOREVER AND CHICKS DIG SCARS"



No comments:

Post a Comment