Thursday 4 October 2012

Something they forgot to Mention About Jogging

DAYS TILL THE RACE:  10

A couple of days ago I got up to go for a morning 5K run.  Now on this particular morning, I felt like I might have to use the washroom for a little while but I thought to myself "It can wait till I get back and perhaps till even after breakfast"

This was a big lesson I have learned when preparing to push yourself and your body into Jogging for 5k.  If you even feel like you have to go a little bit.  Try and go.  When I typed in "Training for a 5K race for Beginners"  they completely failed to give this type of Advice.



For the first 2-3 minutes of the run I was cramping up and really felt like I couldn't go for much longer. Then as I pushed past that I got into a bit of a groove.  As I got to the half way point of 2.5K my IPOD informed me that it had been 12:29 seconds.   I decided if I was going to break the under 25 minutes mark than I would keep up the same tempo and go into a mini sprint in the final 100-200 Metres.  This was the decision that caused me to almost Shiat Myself on the street.  Never have I been so close to losing control of my bowels then during the final 10 feet before the finish line.  A valuable lesson to learn just under 2 weeks before the race.


I asked a couple "Jogging Enthusiasts" about my early cramping.  They informed me this is due to my lack of warming up.  Apparently doing a few short sprints before the run helps the body alot.  I'm going to try that on my next 5K attempt.   I admit I'm nervous of this as I feel like it may be expending extra energy that I need to finish the entire 5K but only one way to find out.


FINAL GRADE -   A   (Highest Grade and Performance to date, Completed my Goal in this training session of doing 5K under 25 Minutes.  But I nearly Pooped my Self in the process, alot of work still needs to be done)

No comments:

Post a Comment