Tuesday 25 September 2012

A Step in the Right Direction

19 DAYS TILL THE RACE

Over the past few days I was down in Delaware to fulfil my Father's Dying wish  of attending his family's Reunion.  Unfortunately he was too ill to make the 10 and a half hour drive but I went down and made him proud.  Along the way I stopped in Philadelphia and went for a light jog.  My route ended atop these stairs.  Cross that off the Ol' Bucket List.


While on the trip I got up most mornings to go for a light 15-20 minute jog.  Today I ran 4 Km's in just over 20 minutes!   That's close to the pace and my goal of finishing the 5km's in under 25 minutes.

I find that the first 10 minutes of my Runs are the absolute worst.  I want to stop and my lungs and legs hurt the entire time.  Then after the 10 minutes my mind set changes from "I want this to end"  to "Gotta keep Running, Don't Give Up".   I really feel like if I stop running then there was no point of having to endure that horrendous first 10 minutes.


If the "Runner's High" is feeling light headed and close to Vomiting.  I feel that almost every time out.  

Tomorrow morning I'm going to make another attempt at 5K in hopes that I'm in and around the 25 minute mark. 



FINAL GRADE -   C +   (finally seeing some improvements!)

No comments:

Post a Comment