Tuesday 18 September 2012

Training Day 3- Wind Sprints, Terrible Decision

25 DAYS TILL THE RACE -

I typed into google "How to Train for a 5K Race".  Every training schedule was geared towards 8 Weeks of training, because I don't have 8 weeks I decided to customize my own.   One of them suggests you mix it up and not just run 5K everyday.  Today I decided to do some 40 Yard Wind Sprints.  I figured this was more my style as a shorter speed runner.  The only good thing I can say that came from running these wind sprints, is that it made me miss jogging.

I managed to find an area of grass near my place and I put on my Baseball Cleats for better traction/performance. After doing 20 Wind Sprints in the morning rain I had nothing left in the tank. I felt like a Rugged Warrior, that feeling didn't last long as I vomited in a Parking Lot on the walk home.   I was so damn light headed.  (I should also note, I have no idea what excatly a "Rugged Warrior" is or feels like.  But I imagine these Animals would enjoy Wind Sprints in the Morning Rain)


Hopefully this will prepare me for tomorrow where I will attempt to run some "Interval Running".  No idea what exactly that means, but I have it written down for Wednesday's Training and it sounds rather legit.



FINAL GRADE -   D (I figure you can't score higher than a D when you Vom in public after Running)


It should also be noted that I can barely walk and every muscle in my legs hurt.  But as a Rugged Warrior, I'm not complaining, just simply making note of this.  THis pain that I love so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment