Monday 17 September 2012

Training Day 2 - Where is this 'Runners High' I hear about?

26 DAYS TILL RACE DAY-

So I learned a major lesson in long distance jogging, pacing is key.  Had a nice slow and steady pace and pushed myself farther than I ever have before.  A record amount of time that I have ever Ran without Stopping.  I have no idea why people put themselves through this everyday and how they can even enjoy it.  None the less a HUGE step in the right direction. Finished 5K in a total time of 38:14.  I Still have alot of work to do in order to get my time under 25 minutes.


I need to look into how I can jog with a water Bottle, any tips or ideas would be more than appreciated. Got ridiculously thirsty on the run.  Im willing to try anything other than wearing a Phanny Pack.


Also, something I learned today.  If your going to try running 5K.  Run 2.5K then turn around instead of just running straight 5K in a direction that is away from where you need to get back to.  I nearly collasped when I was done then I had to walk 5K back home.  Not a good time.  I am an idiot.  


FINAL GRADE -    C-  (A for Big Time Effort)


Also, I should include my convo with my Father today

Me: "Hey Dad, I'm Going to try and run in a 5K race in a time under 25 minutes to raise money for Cancer"

My Dad: "25 minutes? You were never good at running long distances.  Wouldn't it be easier to just grow a Moustache again?"





3 comments:

  1. Sean these posts are making me LOL. You are just my favorite person

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean, i'm so impressed that you have gotten to the 5K mark already, and so what you only need to shed just over 10 minutes off your time. i think you're on your way.
    http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/RunningAndFitness/RunningPacks/PacksWaistpacks/PRD~5024-319/mec-mountain-fountain-4-hydration-pack.jsp

    check out this link for water on your run, although i've learned from my hot yoga class that you should come to class already well hydrated, so try to drink plenty of water during the day before your run, and maybe you won't be as thirsty.

    YAY SEAN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your father speaks wise words. Unless you grow an impressive moustache and run an incredible distance, just like Steve Prefontaine. You know, kill two birds with one stone. Think about it.

    ReplyDelete